- This event has passed.
Dallas Magnolias Valentine’s Luncheon
February 12, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$27
AGENDA & DETAILS
Event Duration:11:00AM – 1:00PM
Guest Speaker: Randall White with 24HourDallas.org
Attire: Special request to wear red in honor of American Heart Month!
Organizers: Regina Bruce, Kunthear Mam Douglas, Joni Krieg, Tricia Sims and Tammany Stern
Price: $27 Includes lunch, gratuity, tax and complimentary parking
Payments and RSVP must be received by Monday, February 10th.
RANDALL WHITE, GUEST SPEAKER
For 22 years, Randall White was an executive for arts, education and health non-profit organizations including the Dallas Theater Center and the American Diabetes Association.
In 1998, he acquired a small Dallas consulting group that offered community relations, corporate communications and public affairs services.
That is also when he taught himself how to hand-code websites.
For ten years following, his company, Elettore (el-uh-TOR-ay), managed websites and online communications for dozens of elected officials, political candidates and political campaigns including:
- Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert
- Dallas County Commissioner Dr. Elba Garcia
- Dallas City Councilmembers Ed Oakley, Sheffie Kadane and Ann Margolin
In addition, during the past twenty years Randall created and produced signature special events in Dallas. Among these were:
- All Out Trinity, a participatory sports and fitness festival that included a Texas-sized yoga class on the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge.
- Trinity River Revel, an event to mark the opening of the Trinity Skyline Trail, Continental Avenue Bridge, West Dallas Gateway Plaza, and Sylvan Avenue Bridge.
- Bridge-o-Rama, West Dallas’ celebration of the opening of the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge. Bridge-o-Rama incorporated more than 50 events. Most memorable of these was the Parade of Giants. Oversized puppets managed by volunteers “walked” up onto the bridge from West Dallas, helping tell the 100-year history of that corner of our city. For this creation, the Business Council for the Arts awarded Randall a coveted Obelisk Award.
For his client, the Greater Dallas Restaurant Association, he also developed and produced the first three Food in Fashion fundraisers. For Food in Fashion, fashion designers work with restaurants to create fashions for a show. A portion of each fashion must come out of the restaurant, whether than be linens, packaging or food. (This year’s Food in Fashion will be held March 2 at the Virgin Hotel Dallas.)
Also for the Greater Dallas Restaurant Association, Randall has now created 24HourDallas, an initiative to boost Dallas at night, making it safer, more inclusive, and more economically vibrant for the 21st Century. As director of that initiative, he has – so far – pulled together 50 businesses and organizations and nearly 100 volunteers to make Dallas’ nighttime economy more attractive to businesses, residents and guests.
24HourDallas is what brings him to the Dallas Magnolias.